I recently gave a talk on branding for software developers at TriJS. While I didn’t get a chance to record it, I did upload the slides for your viewing please. The slides are readable without listening to the talk and have a few protips and specific actionable things that you can do to boost your personal brand as a developer. It’s one of those things where you don’t really need it until you want to change jobs or you need to promote something, then you wish you did. If you don’t know how to get started, take a look at the slides and let me know some of the things that you’ve done to increase your visibility as a software developer!
About The Author
Ryan is a Microsoft MVP award winner with over eight years of software experience, working with big-name clients such as Discovery Channel, AOL, Toyota, and the National Academy of Sciences. Ryan has helped teams deliver award-winning applications that drive business processes, site traffic, and profit, putting his experience and creativity to work to build amazing solutions for the enterprise web, desktop and mobile platforms.
How to Build an RSS Feed Reader in Windows Phone 7 – Part I: Retrieving, Parsing, and Displaying Post Titles
August 24, 2010
August 6, 2010
"Enabling SessionState for SharePoint 2010" OR "This report failed to load because session state is not turned on."
July 12, 2010
- Synchronize Node.JS Install Version with Visual Studio 2015
- Use CSS background:rbga to Darken Background Photos For Improved UX
- Redirect WWW to Non-WWW using the Web.config
- How to run Docker Windows Containers with McAfee Endpoint Security
- Why Math is Important for Software Engineering (Even if You Never Use it Again)
- NServiceBus: Could not enumerate all types
- "Conversion to Dalvik format failed with error 2" with Android and the Team Foundation Server 2010 Eclipse Plugin
- Why You Should Build Your Website Using Static .html Files
- How To Check a Web Page For a String Using .NET C# Using HttpWebRequest
- How To Set Up an EmberJS App Inside of an ASP.NET MVC App